Palmer College of Professional Studies
School of Business
Cat McPherson, Associate Dean
The School of Business comprises the business, communication and project management programs leading to minors and bachelor of arts degrees. The business program approaches business strategy and business education with a curricular emphasis on sustainability and the “triple bottom line” (harnessing benefits that are economic, social, and environmental).
Each program also provides a wide range of emphases or concentrations in each major as well as certificates and minors.
- Business (BA) (BS) (Minor)
- Communication (Minor)
- Human Resource Management (Minor)
- Management (Minor)
- Marketing and Communication (BA)
- Project Management (Minor)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Healthcare Administration & Master of Business Administration Dual Degree
School of Education
Dr. Pamela Bailey, Associate Dean
The School of Education offers professional programs designed to prepare students to enter a wide variety of educational careers, including teaching, higher education administration, applied behavior analysis, autism spectrum disorder, and other related professions. Undergraduate students interested in teaching elementary or special education major in either Elementary Education or Special Education, both of which lead to licensure. Undergraduate students interested in teaching at the middle or secondary level major in the area in which they intend to teach and choose the respective content area education minor. Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies is an education major that does not lead to licensure. With a focus on developing confident leadership skills, the school creates a collaborative environment of inquiry and innovation, while helping individuals find personal pathways to achieve their goals. The School of Education offers a variety of programs of study: paths to Virginia teacher licensure as well as non-licensure and/or non-degree opportunities for professional development.
- Autism Studies & Applied Behavior Analysis (BA)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (Minor)
- Comprehensive Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder (Certificate)
- Elementary Education (BA)
- Special Education (BA)
- Education (Minors)
- Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies (BA)
- Authentic Learning and Leadership
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, Elementary, English as a Second Language, Gifted Ed, Special Ed K-12, Special Ed Add-ons
- Reading Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Higher Education
- Certificate in Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education (Graduate Certificate)
School of Professional Studies
Dr. Mary Clay Thomas, Associate Dean
Each program in the School of Professional Studies offers students a solid knowledge base in the theory and practice in their chosen field. The school stresses applying that intellectual foundation to address society’s needs.