Requirement for Continuous Enrollment

For Graduate Programs

Students are expected to remain enrolled continuously from the date of their initial registration for courses until completion of the degree. However, because of family emergencies or special situations, students may need to take a leave of absence from the program.   

MLitt and MFA students completing their projects or theses who have satisfied all other course requirements for the degree (including REN 700 and REN815/825) must maintain their enrollment by registering for REN 701 or REN 801 during each additional semester. They are eligible to use university facilities and to receive the same services as enrolled and re-enrolled students.