Each discipline may elect to offer the Bachelor of Science. The BS degree is completed through coursework at both the introductory and advanced level; each discipline will specify the additional required coursework.
- General education coursework: Students complete a minimum of two natural science lab courses and two courses designated as Q (quantitative reasoning) in fulfilment of general education requirements at MBU. These courses may be taken at the 100 level.
- Additional coursework: Students complete a minimum of three additional advanced math and/or science courses at the 200-level or above (9-12 credit hours). These courses are selected from a set of natural science (biology, chemistry, physics, or psychology as a natural science), mathematics, data science or computer science courses. Precise requirements will vary according to each major that chooses to offer the BS and are noted in the Undergraduate Offerings section of the catalog. It is recommended that courses used in fulfillment of the advanced requirement come from outside of the major.
Math and data analysis courses that count towards the advanced requirement:
- MATH 211, 212 Calculus I, Calculus II
- MATH 231 Discrete Math
- MATH 233, 234 Statistical Methods I and II
- Math 250: Mathematics and Programming
- Any 300-level Math class
- PSYC 250: Behavioral Statistics
- ECON 301: Advanced Data Analysis
- NUR 303: Nursing Informatics
- HINF 330: Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining and Evidence-based Practice
Science courses that count towards the advanced requirement:
- Any Chemistry course at the 200 or 300 level
- Any Biology course at the 200 or 300 level
- Any Physics course at the 200 or 300 level
- PSYC 212L Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience
- PSYC 220: Experimental Psychology
- PSYC 241: Sensation and Perception
- PSYC 305: Physiological Psychology
- PSYC 307: Drugs and Behavior
- PSYC 310: Learning and Memory
- NUR 405: Pathophysiology
The Associate Degree in Nursing is accepted in fulfillment of the BS general education coursework (part 1 above).
Note: Precise requirements will vary according to each major that has chosen to offer the BS and are noted in the Undergraduate Offerings section of this catalog.